About This Blog

This blog is a chronicle of my insane personal challenge to celebrate at least one holiday or special day for every single day of 2009. Check back daily for new posts and days to add to next year's calendar!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15th - Natl. Strawberry Ice Cream Day

Ignoring me, eh Colbert? You can't hold off on it forever. I'm calling you out daily until you respond.

HOW I CELEBRATED

Naturally, I had a bowl of strawberry ice cream. Eating something so cold when it's so cold out felt weird, but... it was easy.

HOW OTHERS MIGHT CELEBRATE

Eating and/or making some strawberry ice cream is a simple enough answer. I plan to edit in a recepie for it in the near future.

HISTORICAL/CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE

It seems to be another made up holiday. Hm... it's boring just saying that for stuff. I'm gonna edit in historical significance of the stuff that the days are made for at some point. It'll stand for now, though.

UNOFFICIAL THEME SONG

Even though I know the song is actually a sexual euphenism, "Ice Cream Man" by Tom Waits feels like a good fit for me.

FOOTNOTES

Other Holidays and observances on this date include:
-John Chilembwe Day in Malawi
-Korean Alphabet Day in North Korea
-Kerala in India, Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala
-Jallikattu in South India
-Catholic Feast Days for St. Abeluzius (Ethiopian Orthodox), St. Ita (Roman Catholic), St. Paul the Hermit, and St. Macarius of Egypt

No comments:

Post a Comment