About This Blog

This blog is a chronicle of my insane personal challenge to celebrate at least one holiday or special day for every single day of 2009. Check back daily for new posts and days to add to next year's calendar!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11th - Milk Day and Intl. Thank You Day

HOW I CELEBRATED

International Thank You Day seems like one where I should pay extra mind to thanking people for stuff. This is not outside the bounds of my normal behavior. Basically this is antoher one, like Trivia Day, which I just acted normally for and decided to call it celebration.

Milk Day, however, is a different story. I normally don't drink milk that much. Maybe once a day with a meal, or a couple times if I have coffee. For this day, however, I decided to drink some milk with, or use milk in the preparation of every meal.

HOW OTHERS MIGHT CELEBRATE

If you are a teacher (and it hadn't happened to have fallen on Sunday this year), Intl. Thank You Day seems like a perfect one to stress proper manners to your students. If that doesn't apply to you, simply being courteous, and actively saying 'thank you' to people when they do something nice for you and being mindful to keep it up all day seems like a good option.

Had Milk Day not been placed in the middle of January, or were I living in a different state, it would seem like a good option for a day to visit a farm and perhaps learn how to milk a cow. For those freezing their asses off like me, however, what I did is probably your best option.

HISTORICAL/CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE

Both days were probably just randomly made up by people.

UNOFFICIAL THEME SONG

The first choice to spring to mind would be the Led Zeppelin classic "Thank You".

FOOTNOTES

-Despite falling in the middle of my server problems with Blogger, this one didn't have a filler post, so I had to attempt to back-date it. (Which worked!)

Other Holidays and observances on this date include:
-Unity Day in Nepal
-Republic Day in Albania
-Independence Resistance Day in Morocco
-Eugenio Maria de Hostos Day in Puerto Rico
-First Day of Carmentalia in Ancient Rome
-Secret Pal Day
-John Hancock's Birthday
-Natl. Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day
-Catholic Feast Days for Paulinius of Aquileia and Theodosius the Cenobiarch

No comments:

Post a Comment