About This Blog

This blog is a chronicle of my insane personal challenge to celebrate at least one holiday or special day for every single day of 2009. Check back daily for new posts and days to add to next year's calendar!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 13th - Poetry Break Day

Finally almost caught up! I'll have today's actual post (the 14th's) up by midnight and will be back on track for tomorrow, w007!

HOW I CELEBRATED

I simply took a break to read poetry for a bit today.

HOW OTHERS MIGHT CELEBRATE

Simply doing the same as I did should suffice.

HISTORICAL/CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE

It's another of the made-up ones that I found online.

UNOFFICIAL THEME SONG

"Poets" by the Tragically Hip seems to fit.

FOOTNOTES

-This is probably the single shortest post that I'll make in this blog.

Other Holidays and observances on this date include:
-St. Knut's Day, a Swedish day ending their Christmas season with the disposal of their Christmas Trees
-Old New Year in various Russophone countries is celebrated on this night
-Make Your Dreams Come True Day
-Rubber Duckie's Birthday (yes... Ernie's toy on Sesame Street...)
-Catholic Feast Day for Hilary of Poitiers

No comments:

Post a Comment