About This Blog

This blog is a chronicle of my insane personal challenge to celebrate at least one holiday or special day for every single day of 2009. Check back daily for new posts and days to add to next year's calendar!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25th - Opposite Day

HOW I IGNORED THIS HOLIDAY

I certainly didn't just choose select words and phrases to include or cut from my sentences in conversation in order to reverse the meaning. Doing so was very easy. It also failed to confuse anyone, and did not result in a massive headache. This post is also not in this form, nor was my filler when I was having computer problems. Now that I am unable to post this or edit the proper post in, you'll have to settle for a stupid filler rather than this post.

HOW NO ONE WOULD CELEBRATE

If anyone wishes to go through the mind-numbing bliss of celebrating this holiday, it's really pretty easy. You have to do everything the opposite of how you normally woult. It's not enough to just reverse the meanings of your sentences.

FUTURISTIC\UNCOUTH INSIGNIFICANCE

This is the absolute most significant thing ever. It is completely serious and not random in the least. Every society practices it religiously and it was very specifically given this date for indelible reasons.

SILENCE FOR THIS DAY

I actually made an effort and found tons of songs that could apply amazingly.

HEADNOVELS

-I wrote this entire post (except the footnotes themselves) in as opposite of a way as possible, and yes, I realize that some of the reversals don't make much sense, like 'Headnovels' instead of 'Footnotes' but I was just having fun with it.

Other Holidays and observances on this date include:
-Burns Night
-Criminon Day
-Tatiana Day aka. Day of Russian Students
-Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul
-St. Dwynwen's Day in Wales
-Catholic Feast Day for Gregory the Theologian

No comments:

Post a Comment