About This Blog

This blog is a chronicle of my insane personal challenge to celebrate at least one holiday or special day for every single day of 2009. Check back daily for new posts and days to add to next year's calendar!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 24th - Peanut Butter Day and Compliment Day

EDIT: Computer problems fixed, editing post in right now. (All these edits are occurring 1/27)

HOW I CELEBRATED

I attempted to be very complimentary to people on this day, even going so far as to write a note to the cast and crew involved with the Hilberry Theater's production of Hamlet. The compliments were all completely earned, especially those in the note (they put on what is simply the best Hamlet I've seen, and I've seen 11). To stay as true to the spirit of the holiday as possible, I only complimented sincerely.

For Peanut Butter Day, I simply had a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

HOW OTHERS MIGHT CELEBRATE

Unless you actually are able to make your own peanut butter (a skill I currently lack, despite multiple attempts over the years), I'd say the things that I did are the easiest and purest celebrations for everyone's sake.

HISTORICAL/CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE

Yet another pair of made-up holidays thrown onto the calendar willy-nilly by someone.

UNOFFICIAL THEME SONG

Unless something specifically comes to mind, I'm not going to search for stuff for holidays of this sort, sorry.

FOOTNOTES

Other Holidays and observances on this date include:
-The First Day of Sementivae in Ancient Rome
-Catholic Feast Days for St. Francis de Sales, St. Cadoc, and Our Lady of Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment