About This Blog

This blog is a chronicle of my insane personal challenge to celebrate at least one holiday or special day for every single day of 2009. Check back daily for new posts and days to add to next year's calendar!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 28th - National Blueberry Pancake Day

HOW I CELEBRATED

I made some blueberry pancakes and ate them for breakfast. Used the basic Jiffy mix with some store-bought blueberries (pressed first to spread the juice around more), and a little extra sugar.
I tend to have them with butter, but not syrup (I have syrup with regular pancakes, but not blueberry ones). This added info isn't really necessary, but I wanted to make this post significantly longer than the Natl. Strawberry Ice Cream Day one...

HOW OTHERS MIGHT CELEBRATE

Preparing and consuming some blueberry pancakes seems to be the only logical option. Seriously, these food ones are being avoided where possible as they don't make for interesting blogging from either end.

HISTORICAL/CULTURAL SIGNIFICANCE

If it wasn't already obvious enough to everyone, this is one that is just there to be there, I found it on a list, and I found nothing else good, so I didn't ask questions.

UNOFFICIAL THEME SONG

I didn't find anything good, sorry.

FOOTNOTES

Other Holidays and observances on this date include:
-Ernie's Birthday (Sesame Street character)
-Catholic Feast Day of St. Thomas Aquinas

No comments:

Post a Comment